Your input is needed. A targeted survey was created to identify existing resources and programs; gaps in the education pipeline, student services and employee training; successful programs or models that may be replicable; and potential partners with like-minded programs or efforts.
Take the survey
To participate, click on the link below that most accurately describes you or your industry.
Business and industry (executives, management, HR, recruiters, supervisors, hiring manager)
Community partner / agency
Business travelers invited to take survey
Additional direct flights to and from Tulsa assist the Chamber’s economic development division with business recruitment efforts and VisitTulsa, the Chamber’s convention and visitors program, in selling Tulsa.
Please take a two-question survey to provide valuable information to the Tulsa Metro Chamber. Click here to start.
BMX Pro Spectacular is this Friday at QuikTrip Center
The Pro Spectacular features professional racers in the Grand Nationals performing astonishing stunts across a 100-square-foot track. This year's exciting competition is attracting competitors from Italy, France, The Netherlands and the UK to Tulsa.
The excitement will unfold at the QuikTrip Center Thursday, Nov. 25 - Sunday, Nov. 28 and is expected to have an estimated $7.2 million economic impact for the city of Tulsa.
General admission tickets are $10 for the Pro Spectacular on Friday night, but $1 off coupons can be picked up at local QuikTrip convenience stores. Gates open at 6:15 p.m. and the race begins at 7 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at exposquare.com, through Expo Ticket Xpress by calling 918.376.6000 or onsite the day of the show. All other races, which extend throughout the weekend, are free to attend. A complete schedule of events can be found here.
Chamber offices closed for ThanksgivingThe Tulsa Metro Chamber offices will be closed Thursday, Nov. 25 and Friday, Nov. 26 in observance of Thanksgiving.
We will resume our regular office hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 29.
For more information about the Chamber's program of work visit www.TulsaChamber.com.
What we’re working onExecutive
• Making Tulsa’s Future II CEO calls.
• Hosting Tulsa/OKC Joint Executive Committee meeting to approve One Voice Agenda.
• Hosting 2010/2011 Joint Executive Committee meeting.
• Attending the OSU Center for Health Sciences new building dedication.
• Welcoming American Bicycle Association’s BMX Championships to Tulsa’s Expo Square.
• Hosting Team Tulsa at Osage Million Dollar Elm Casino Tulsa.
• Meeting with Cherokee and Creek Nation’s cultural tourism division.
Tulsa Sports Commission
• Prepping for Olympic BMX racers arrival next week.
• BMX pre-event operations.
• BMX pre-event marketing.
• BMX collateral distribution into bike stores and community to create awareness for Friday night’s Pro-Spectacular event on Nov. 26.
• Securing endorsements for the 2011 OneVoice agenda.
• Preparing for Political Directory update.
• Meeting with Greater OKC Chamber to finalize 2011 Tulsa/OKC Joint Legislative Agenda.
• Monitoring legislative interim studies.
• Making D.C. Fly-In preparations.
• Participating in Tulsa’s Future II fundraising calls.
• Judging the Tulsa Business Journal’s EDI Awards.
• Updating the Strategic Plan for economic development.
• Presenting to the City of Grove EDC regarding economic development.
• Working on incentive/property proposals.
• Working with the publisher of Area Development on details for the 2011 Energy Consultant’s Forum in Tulsa.
• Presenting to the City of Tulsa economic development commission on the Tulsa’s Future economic development program.
• Working with Cleveland Council of Smaller Enterprises on rebranding the Small Business Council.
• Working on a grant application for funding of The Forge and entrepreneurial programming and support.
• Meeting with the Oklahoma Business Roundtable regarding the upcoming Tech Ventures Summit in Tulsa.
• Working on a strategy for a headquarters visit to Houston regarding Tulsa locations.
• Recruiting new SourceLink resource partners.
• Meeting with the Oklahoma Nanotechnology Initiative.
Education and workforce
• Completing updates to the 2011 Education Guide.
• Completing content for the December Partners In Education newsletter.
• Completing content for the Partners In Education fall/winter print newsletter.
• Recruiting coaches for the College Access Career Readiness program.
• Recruiting and updating the presentation for the Oklahoma Scholars program.
• Attending the Tulsa Area Community Schools Initiative (TASCI) Partner meeting.
• Participating in the TASCI Middle School Task Force.
• Meeting with INCOG and Tulsa Community College to discuss sustainability training development/programs.
• Meeting with the executive director of the Oklahoma Health Care Workforce Center (OHCWC) to discuss partnership and collaboration.
• Launching the Talent Dividend survey to identify needs, resources and potential partners.
• Meeting with Saint Francis to discuss partnering on ChooseTulsaJobs.com website.
• Meeting with TYPros leadership to share info about CEO for Cities work/summit.
• Meeting with the Langston University president and local CEOs.
Tulsa’s Young Professionals
• Applying for an EDA Grant for The Forge.
• Meeting with a local nonprofit to discuss a 2011 partnership.
• Meeting with Leadership Tulsa to discuss the Boards Program partnership.
Marketing and communications
• Completing articles for the Chamber Report newsletter.
• Preparing for an upcoming news conference to assist a company in making an announcement.
• Updating annual publications and the Entrepreneurs Guide.
• Coordinating photo shoot for new Chamber spot.
• Distributing information about BMX event to local media outlets.
Chamber welcomes new businessesEach month the Tulsa Metro Chamber's Hospitality Club welcomes new businesses and new Chamber members to the community by assisting with ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking announcements.
Welcome new members:
Energizing Faith Ministries
Giana Consulting, LLC
Henderson Investments Co., Inc.
Oklahoma Methodist Manor
PGS Paragon LLC
Quality Management Perspectives, LLC
Red Oak Business Planning, LLC
Small Wonders Academy
Wilson Insurance Group
Veronica Leichnitz, Owner
Jason Weiss, National Community Director
Shannon Morris, Owner/Agent
1709 S. Baltimore
Tulsa, OK 74119
Copyright 2010, Tulsa Metro Chamber, All Rights Reserved. Designed and Developed by Cubic