The University of Tulsa Golden Hurricane will play Hawaii in the 9th Annual Sheraton Hawaii Bowl on Friday, Dec. 24 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. EST/3 p.m. HST, and will air live on ESPN from Aloha Stadium. Tickets are available by calling 808-548-BOWL or online at www.sheratonhawaiibowl.com.
Oklahoma State University will play Arizona in the 18th annual Valero Alamo Bowl in San Antonio, Texas, on Wednesday, Dec. 29 at 8:15 p.m. CST and will be televised live on ESPN. Tickets can be purchased online at www.alamobowl.com, through the university box offices, by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or visiting www.ticketmaster.com.
The University of Oklahoma will play the University of Connecticut in the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl on Saturday, Jan. 1 in Glendale, Ariz., at 6 p.m. MST and will air live on ESPN. Tickets can be purchased online or by calling 480-350-0911.
Congratulations is also extended to several local high school football teams on their outstanding accomplishments this season. Union claimed their third straight 6A state football title in a very close game against Jenks, and Booker T Washington was crowned 5A state champion in their title win over East Central. All four teams should be commended for their strong finishes and championship titles.
Chamber Choice offers affordable insurance for members
Chamber Choice is available to members with two to 50 employees.
o No medical underwriting
o BlueOptions PPO
o Blue Optimize PPO (new this year)
o BlueLincs HMO
o Prescription drug coverage
o Network availability in all 50 states
o Dental coverage available
o Group Term Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and disability coverage available
o Qualified Insure Oklahoma health plans
Today, nearly 700 employers are enrolled in the Chamber Choice plan covering more than 4,000 individuals.
Click here to download the 2010 Chamber Choice brochure.
To find out more about Chamber Choice, contact your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma representative or call (918) 551-3385 or visit http://www.bcbsok.com/employer/chamber_tulsa.html
What we’re working onExecutive
• Making Tulsa’s Future II CEO calls.
• Attending the Friends of the Fairgrounds board meeting.
• Attending monthly update meeting with Commissioner Karen Keith.
• Hosting a dinner for Rep. Kris Steele.
• Attending the State Chamber Board of Directors meeting.
• Hosting Past Chairman’s Luncheon.
• Attending monthly update meeting with Mike Bunney.
• Preparing for and attending the EDC meeting regarding CVB Best Practices.
• Making Tulsa’s Future II fundraising calls.
• Business Retention and Expansion meetings with a number of companies.
• Facilitating Transmodal Facility planning meetings.
• Meeting with HQ companies and site consultants in Houston to share information about the Tulsa region and our state incentive programs.
• Planning events for site consultants.
• Planning meetings for Target Industry Task Forces.
• Submitting a manufacturing project RFP.
• Following up with a client from a recent site visit for additional information needs.
• Hosting the Oklahoma Business Incubator Association at The Forge for its quarterly meeting.
• Meeting with Mosaic leadership to finalize the rules of engagement for the committee.
• Working with Small Business Council leadership to plan strategy for 2011.
• Strategizing with Council of Smaller Enterprises in Cleveland on best practices for the rebranding of the Small Business Council.
• Finalizing an advertising buy for 2011.
• Working on year-end updates to website and collateral pieces.
• Attending the Pearl Harbor Day Observance and Legislative Recognition Breakfast at Tulsa Tech Riverside.
• Meeting with city and Chamber officials to discuss a potential aerospace project and planned response to RFI.
• Attend Strategic Aero Team Meeting at the Oklahoma Department of Commerce to review proposed branding and tagline options.
• Attending the Tulsa Airport Authority Meeting.
• Beginning forecasting for 2011 Economic Profile.
• Attending the Metropolitan Tulsa Urban League dinner.
• Meeting with Oklahoma Student Government Association.
• Welcoming the Tulsa Farm Show to Expo Square 12/8-11.
• Updating the Tulsa Area Attractions Map for 2011.
• Preparing report for EDC meeting.
Tulsa Sports Commission
• Recap and review of BMX event.
• Hotel meetings regarding NCAA Men’s Basketball Championship in 2011.
• Hosting Executive Committee meeting.
• Brainstorming about inventory to submit for the Resource Campaign.
Education and workforce
• Meeting with TCC, Sustainable Tulsa, McLain and other community partners to map green initiatives.
• Workforce Tulsa Executive Committee meeting.
• Meeting with Cheri Lindle, a consultant/small business owner.
• Oklahoma Scholars kickoff for Union Public Schools.
• Completing the January edition of Partners In Education e-newsletter.
• Completing the winter edition of Partners In Education print newsletter.
• Making Oklahoma Scholars presentations at TPS.
• Presenting at theTexas Association of Partners In Education conference.
• Attending Partners In Education ceremonies at two high schools.
• Attending CACR Checkpoint meeting.
• Attending Tulsa interest group meeting for the National Black Child Development Institute.
• Working on school board elections and education PAC fundraising.
• Recruiting and training coaches for the College Access Career Readiness program.
• State of Education meetings.
• Attending INCOG Transportation Policy meeting.
• Meeting with Oklahoma Legislative leadership.
• Finalizing endorsements for the 2011 OneVoice agenda.
• Participating in U.S. Chamber tax cuts update conference call.
• Preparing for Political Directory update.
• Monitoring legislative interim studies.
• Making preparations for the D.C. Fly-In.
• Attending State Chamber Public Affairs Forum.
Marketing and Communications
• Beginning copy for a relocation guide geared toward young professionals.
• Working on design of a number of annual publications.
• Working on marketing plans for 2011.
• Writing 2010 annual report content.
• Meeting with an area company to make plans for expansion announcement.
• Preparing report for EDC meeting.
Chamber welcomes new businessesEach month the Tulsa Metro Chamber's Hospitality Club welcomes new businesses and new Chamber members to the community by assisting with ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking announcements.
Welcome new members:
The Columns Estate
CW Electric Inc.
Farmers Insurance - Scott Baker
Gina & Guiseppe's Italian Ristorante
Henderson Plumbing Co., Inc.
TaskForce Staffing, LLC
Billie Walsh, O.D.
Brian D. Wiggs Homes, Inc.
Copyright 2010, Tulsa Metro Chamber, All Rights Reserved. Designed and Developed by Cubic