In addition to referrals, small business owners can utilize the ClassLink section of SourceLink.com to find a schedule of entrepreneurial education opportunities, from business plan seminars to tax classes. Additionally, visitors to the site will find links to online resources, and a library of how-to guides, checklists and other valuable materials
Hotline: 918.560.0275 or 888.4.BIZ.411
In person: SourceLink Business Center, 2 W. Second St., Suite 150
Chamber seeks volunteers for college preparation program
“Students who enroll in the courses defined in the Oklahoma Scholars program are better prepared for college and careers upon graduation,” said Susan Harris, the Chamber’s senior vice president of education and workforce. “We are pleased to form this new partnership with Union to ensure their students are able to benefit from this valuable program.”
Oklahoma Scholars enlists area business leaders to volunteer as classroom presenters. With the addition of Union Public Schools, the Chamber is seeking new volunteers. For more information about Oklahoma Scholars or to become a presenter in Tulsa or Union Public Schools, contact Heather Johnson at 918.560.0218 or email@example.com.
What we’re working onExecutive
• Attending the US Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100 meeting in Orlando, Fla.
• Hosting the monthly meeting with Terry Simonson.
• Hosting the monthly meeting with Mike Bunney.
• Attending the State of Education with Kate Walsh.
• Tulsa’s Future II CEO calls.
• Attending the Small Business Council meeting.
• Co-hosting the Oklahoma City/Tulsa Joint Executive Committee Meeting and Legislative Reception in Oklahoma City.
• Meeting with Hispanic Chamber board members.
• Hosting small group board Luncheon.
• Attending the American Airlines/Tulsa Technology Center gift presentation.
• Attending OU-Tulsa Topping-Off ceremony for the construction of the Wayman Tisdale Specialty Health Clinic.
• Touring a local property.
• Hosting a site visit.
• The Small Business Council’s Let’s Do Business Committee is meeting to discuss next steps for the program.
• Hosting nomination committee meeting of the Small Business Council.
• Meeting with a manufacturer to learn more about potential for expansion.
• Speaking to the Corporation Commission on behalf of local business.
• Meeting with Oklahoma Department of Commerce regarding business retention and expansion program.
• Meeting with downtown retailer regarding communication initiatives
• Meeting to determine opportunities for redevelopment of a downtown building.
• Meeting regarding NCAA Tournament logistics for downtown Tulsa.
• Attending Downtown Coordinating Council meeting.
• Attending Deco District meeting.
• Downtown economic development update meeting with City of Tulsa.
• Attending Preservation Oklahoma workshop for Downtown Revitalization.
• Attending ceremony for AA MD80 to Tulsa Tech.
• Attending topping off ceremony for Tisdale Center.
Tulsa’s Young Professionals
• Organizing vendors and entertainment for Street Cred: Polishing the Pearl.
• Initial planning for June 18 fundraiser for Community Food Bank.
• Finalizing partnership to relocate The Forge tenants to One Technology Center.
Education and workforce
• Beginning Oklahoma Scholars presentations at TPS and Union.
• Working on March Partners In Education newsletter.
• Attending State of Education lunch.
• Attending GEAR Up Grant brainstorming meeting.
• Beginning preparations for Partners In Education Recognition Reception.
•Working on a grant.
• Meeting with Margaret Hudson to discuss career day programs.
• Diversity & Inclusion taskforce meeting.
• College Access Career Readiness Checkpoint meeting.
• Monitoring state and federal legislation.
• Planning March-May legislative events.
• Attending State Chamber Legislative Affairs meeting.
• Attending annual State of Education event.
• Hosting Joint Oklahoma City/Tulsa executive committee meeting.
• Hosting Joint Oklahoma City/Tulsa Legislative Reception with Greater OKC Chamber Commerce.
• Attending American Airlines/Tulsa Technology Center event.
• Attending OU-Tulsa Topping-Off ceremony for the Wayman Tisdale Specialty Health Clinic.
Marketing and Communications
• Collecting follow-up information for travel writer.
• Helping host focus groups with Schnake Turnbo Frank PR.
• Co-hosting a press conference with Expo Square.
• Finalizing shuttle signage for NCAA Tournament.
• Finishing content for the TYPros relocation guide.
• Writing content for the downtown website.
• Beginning content for the Tulsa’s Future annual meeting collateral pieces.
Chamber welcomes new businessesEach month the Tulsa Metro Chamber's Hospitality Club welcomes new businesses and new Chamber members to the community by assisting with ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking announcements.
Angie Johnson, Owner
1318 S. Peoria
Tulsa, OK 74152
Copyright 2011, Tulsa Metro Chamber, All Rights Reserved. Designed and Developed by Cubic