“CEO Roundtable meetings allow the opportunity for sharing of common concerns and issues that all business leaders face,” said Jim Light, chair of the Small Business Council and owner of LaMode Quality Cleaners. “We hear from participants all the time about how much they are learning from each other in these groups.”
Roundtable participants can get much-needed encouragement, feedback and resources to potentially make them more successful as business leaders in today’s challenging environment.
Tulsa Metro Chamber provides a facilitator and group training but does not participate directly in the groups. Applicants for the groups must hold the position of CEO or the equivalent in their companies; the company must have been in existence for at least two years; the company must be a Tulsa Metro Chamber member in good standing; and the company must have minimum annual sales revenue of $250,000.
Groups are now forming, and training dates will be held throughout the year. There is no cost to participate. For more information, contact Kinnee Tilly at email@example.com.
What we’re working onExecutive
• Speaking and attending the 2011 Oklahoma Aerospace Summit.
• Attending the Henry P. Iba Citizen Athlete Awards.
• Attending the legislative breakfast with 2011 Oklahoma Aerospace Summit exhibitors.
• Attending the Oklahoma Business Roundtable executive committee meeting and speaking at its annual meeting.
• Attending the Mayor’s Business Retention breakfast with area energy executives.
• Meeting with Langston University academic leaders, health care industry and HR leaders.
• Meeting with Secretary of Commerce Dave Lopez, Lt. Governor Todd Lamb and Mayor Dewey Bartlett.
• Meeting with Tulsa County Commissioner Karen Keith.
• Meeting with Glenpool Mayor Tommy Carner and City Manager Ed Tinker.
• Meeting with former mayor Kathy Taylor and McAfee Taft law firm representatives.
• Presenting at Board of Tulsa County Commissioners Management Conference.
• Attending the Resource Campaign weekly reward session.
• Attending the Oklahoma Academy board meeting and evaluative planning session.
• Attending Tulsa Shock WNBA home opener.
• Meeting with small business owners regarding local issues.
• Attending groundbreaking for local small business new facility.
• Assisting business with transportation issue.
• Meeting with Cherokee Business regarding cooperative business retention opportunities.
• Attending International Economic Development Council-Tomorrows Industries Today conference.
• Attending International Economic Development Council research group meeting.
• Attending/exhibiting at the 2011 Oklahoma Aerospace Summit & Expo.
• Attending the Tulsa Airport Authority meeting.
• Attending the Oklahoma Independent Petroleum Association annual meeting.
• Meeting with Admiral Blvd business owners.
• Attending the Oklahoma Business Roundtable meeting.
• Hosting the Mayor's BRE Breakfast focused on energy.
• Meeting with management of a Tulsa alternative energy manufacturing company.
• Meeting with city officials at Glenpool.
• Meeting with a local entrepreneur to discuss their project.
• Assisting local company with information for possible expansion.
• Meeting to discuss downtown parking initiatives.
• Convening River Forum planning lunch.
• Attending Brady Business Association meeting.
• Attending River Parks Authority meeting.
• Attending Tulsa Development Authority meeting.
• Meeting with OU-Tulsa Urban Design Studio department director.
• Attending Area Development Site Consultant Forum.
• Welcoming the Pinto Horse Association Championships to Tulsa with hospitality cart and information table at Expo Square.
• Providing an information table to the Oklahoma Aerospace Alliance for the OAA Aerospace Summit at the Tulsa Convention Center.
• Meeting with Brady board.
• Scheduling tours with travel writers.
• Escorting Theresa Carter, a travel writer, to a Meet & Greet at Dwelling Spaces on June 8 at 5:30 p.m.
• Taking a cultural tour.
Marketing and Communications
• Attending the PRSA Travel and Tourism conference.
• Drafting Chamber Report copy.
• Completing content for a Tulsa’s Future print newsletter.
• Drafting content for a Tulsa’s Future e-newsletter.
• Working on creative for downtown development efforts.
• Developing scholarships for adult students.
• Meeting with education and health care advocacy task force.
• Talent Dividend initiative.
• Hosting wrap-up lunch for College Access Career Readiness volunteer coaches.
• Hosting Oklahoma Scholars wrap-up for the volunteer presenters.
• Attending health care task force meeting.
• Attending aerospace in the classroom summit.
• Hosting Partners In Education forums.
• Developing Partners In Education 2011-2012 handbook.
• Attending President’s Society recognition dinner.
• Attending Higher Ed Forum.
Tulsa's Young Professionals
• Submitting EDA grant for The Forge.
• Attending The Forge Advisory Council meeting.
• Hosting intern series social event.
• Participating in the Pride Festival.
• Attending District 3 Town Hall meeting on city form of government.
• Hosting HR forum on Workers Compensation Reform.
• Attending Webco groundbreaking.
• Attending Tulsa Business Journal 40 Under 40 event.
• Attending Oklahoma Business Roundtable Annual Membership meeting.
• Attending OneVoice health care taskforce meeting.
• Presenting to the Tulsa County Board of Commissioners management meeting.
• Monitoring federal legislation.
• Planning June-August legislative events.
Chamber welcomes new businessesEach month the Tulsa Metro Chamber's Hospitality Club welcomes new businesses and new Chamber members to the community by assisting with ribbon cuttings and groundbreaking announcements.
Commercial Janitorial Services
Doc's Wine & Food
Jimmy Lee's Fitness & Wellness
Source Rock Operating LLC
Tommy D. Thompson
Mrs. Jamie Oney, Owner
8130 S. Lewis Ave, Suite B
Tulsa, OK 74137
Peter Alan Rao, M.D., P.L.L.C. , Owner, Psychiatrist
5544 S. Lewis Ave., Ste. 100
Tulsa, OK 74105
Mr. Chad Cundiff and Mr. Ted Summers, Owners
506 E. 11th St.
Tulsa, OK 74120
Copyright 2011, Tulsa Metro Chamber, All Rights Reserved. Designed and Developed by Cubic